|Customized Training Services occupies a leading position in the training of personnel for the small business sector and community organisations. Committed to all levels of training, the company brings to the ﬁeld the latest techniques in ﬂexible training, access to modern technology, and the expertise of professionally qualified staff.|
The centre prides itself in its customer care and its accommodating attitude towards clients. This attitude to professionalism culminates in the increasing success of the centre as measured by certified examination results and job opportunities. The ultimate aim of Customized Training Services is to enhance the job prospects of the individual by learning new skills or improving existing ones.
Customized Training Services caters for busy schedules and differing abilities thus providing a ﬂexible approach to modern training needs. Training programmes may be developed and delivered within your local community centre or business organisation.
Word Processing - Basic, Intermediate, Advanced (OCR)
Who is the course suitable for?
These courses are suitable for those who are wishing to learn and develop their skills in word processing either for their work or to develop a new career. The basics of word processing are covered and the courses lead on from one another.
- Basic: You will learn how to edit, store retrieve and print documents. You will also learn how to format a document, paragraphs and text. You will learn to use the tools of a word processor to assist in the production of professional looking documents.
- Intermediate: For this level you will move on to the creation and use of headers and footers and the content of these along with the using more advanced features of a word processor, such as search and replace.
- Advanced: At this level you will further develop your skills and will learn about the formatting of tables, copying of text between documents, inserting clip art, and using subscripts and superscripts to further enhance your word processing skills.
Basic Food Hygiene
Anyone handling food and drink within the catering sector must be trained in Food Safety and Hygiene and apply it to their work. This course is aimed at anyone working in a catering or hospitality environment, whether employed or self employed, who handles food and drink as part of their everyday or occasional working routines. Typically this would include people working in hotels, cafes, bars, restaurants, kitchens, fast food outlets, catering in hospitals, schools and colleges.
On completion of this course learners should understand:
- Why food hygiene and safety is important
- Their personal and legal responsibilities
- The impact of food borne illness
- How food becomes contaminated
- How to prevent contamination through good hygiene practices
- How to control contamination through safe temperatures and storage
- How to control food safety hazards at critical control points using a HACCP based Food Safety Management System
Basic First Aid
This course will teach you everyday first aid skills, which are invaluable when accidents happen around the home - and when you're out and about. Including CPR.
Who should attend? This course is ideal for members of the public who want to learn first aid without having to do resuscitation or CPR.
What you will learn? The course covers how to deal with minor and deteriorating conditions in any casualty.
- Communication and casualty care.
- Looking after yourself and the casualty.
- Treatment of minor bleeding and minor burns.
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty.
- Priorities of first aid and managing the scene.
- Treatment of a choking casualty.
- Treatment of fainting, bites and stings, sprains and strains.