|Welcome to Patrick Bradley Limited|
Patrick Bradley Limited specialise in quarrying, civil engineering, house building and production of Asphalt and concrete products. Our business function is executing measured term and term contracts, surfacing and civil engineering contracts for Roads Service and government bodies and general construction industry since our inception. Now managed by Patrick Bradley's sons Seamus and Joe, our portfolio includes house building and land development.
Patrick Bradley Ltd has been in business since 1942.
Patrick Bradley Ltd has been trading for over sixty years. It was the brainchild of its founder, Patrick Bradley, late of Drumagarner Road, Kilrea who commenced supplying quarried stones for the formation of an aerodrome at Aghadowey during World War II. The stone was quarried at various locations within the surrounding town lands by local labour and broken into regular sizes using a small mobile / span crusher which was powered by a petrol driven engine. The crushed stone was manually shovelled into horse drawn carts and transported to its destination. Numerous remnants of these and similar small openings can be seen throughout the county.
With the rapid development of heavy machinery throughout the war years a quarry at Tamneymore, Garvagh, was purchased and developed in the late forties. Explosives were used to extract the stone and a fixed crushing plant, driven by electricity, permitted production of up to 1000 tonnes per week. Transportation was through the means of 4 tipping lorries, each capable of carrying 7 1/2 tonnes. As post war years progressed Government expenditure on the construction and maintenance of the road network increased. The Company continued to expand to meet these increased demands. Additional plant was purchased, the transport fleet was increased, a tar mixing plant was installed and significantly our first tarmac spreader was purchased.
The company continued to progress with the purchase of our current quarry in the early sixties at Craigall. A full range of new plant was installed at this location and by 1969 all operations were transferred to Craigall. This increased the output to 15000 tonnes per week and transportation to Counties Derry, Antrim, Tyrone and Donegal by means of 25 lorries each carrying 20 tonnes.
In the mid-seventies, public expenditure patterns changed with less expenditure on roads and more emphasis on social development needs, viz, housing, education and health. While maintaining their market share in road works and civil engineering the Company began a development programme to serve the needs of the ever increasing building market with the production of ready mix concrete, concrete blocks and products and in more recent times site development and house building.
Today the Company still operates from its base at Craigall with over 90 directly employed and another 30 sub-contracted. The Company is managed and directed by Seamus and Joe Bradley, sons of the founder. Patrick Bradley Ltd, as an integral part of the Kilrea community, is committed to continual improvement offering a high level of quality and service.
Beechill Court Road
Trinity Mews, Ahoghill