Bookmark and Share
11/01/2017

Lisa Dorrian Murder: No Plans For Further Searches

Police investigating the murder of Co Down woman Lisa Dorrian have no plans to renew searches for her body.

Ms Dorrian, 25, was last seen at a caravan site in the Ballyhalbert area on 28 February, 2005.

Her body has never been located.

In 2016, officers began land searches outside Comber after receiving fresh information in connection with the murder, however nothing was found.
News Image
PSNI Detective Chief Inspector Justyn Galloway said enquiries are still continuing, however there are no plans for any further searches.

He said: "We would again appeal to those individuals who know what happened to Lisa to provide that information. This would enable Lisa's family to have some degree of closure and give them the answers they so desperately crave and deserve."

No-one has been charged with her murder.

(CD/JP)

Related Northern Ireland News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

17 November 2016
PSNI Officers To Use Body Worn Video Cameras
Police officers in Northern Ireland are to use Body Worn Video cameras while on duty. A pilot scheme was successfully introduced in the Foyle area and is part of a £1.5million investment by the Department of Justice. Chief Superintendent Chris Noble said: "Video evidence puts the victims of crime first.
20 April 2017
Shots Fired At House In West Belfast
Police are appealing for information after a number of shots were fired at a house in West Belfast. The incident occurred in the Aitnamona Crescent area on Wednesday, 19 April.  Detective Inspector Mark McHaffie said: "Just after 10pm, a number of shots were fired at the house. Two people were in the property at the time however no-one was injured.
05 April 2017
Police Renew Search For Gerard Conway In Cookstown
Detectives investigating the disappearance of Gerard Conway in 2007 have begun a search at an address in Cookstown. The search at Battery Road in Ardboe is being undertaken following new information from the investigation team. Detective Chief Inspector Gareth Talbot, said: "As part of the search operation we have deployed specialist resources.
04 April 2017
Two Staff Members Tied Up And Assaulted In Dunmurry
Police are appealing for information after two female members of staff were tied up and attacked at commercial premises in Dunmurry, Co Antrim. Two armed robbers dressed as postmen entered the premises at The Cutts at around 1pm on Monday, 03 April.
22 February 2016
Police End Searches Linked To Lisa Dorrian Murder
Police searches in Comber linked to the murder of Lisa Dorrian have ended. Ms Dorrian, 25, was last seen at a caravan site in Ballyhalbert on 28 February 2005. Her body has never been found. No human remains were found during the searches however a number of items have been removed for further examination.
19 April 2017
Body Discovered On Banks Of River Foyle
A body has been discovered on the banks of the River Foyle. The unidentified body was found on Tuesday, 18 April, the PSNI have confirmed. A post mortem will be carried out to determine the cause of death. No other details have been released.
07 December 2007
Four Now Held Over Derry Police Murder Bid
The police swooped on a number of locations yesterday and in seperate operations arrested a total of four suspects in their on-going investigation into the shooting of an off duty policeman in Londonderry last month.
22 February 2006
Police suspect Lisa Dorrian's body dumped at sea
Detectives investigating the murder of missing Bangor woman Lisa Dorrian have today revealed that they believe her body may have been dumped at sea around six months after her disappearance. Lisa Dorrian was last seen on February 28, 2005, at a party at Ballyhalbert caravan site in County Down.
21 February 2006
Man released without charge in Dorrian case
Police have confirmed that one of three men arrested yesterday in connection with the murder of missing 25-year-old Bangor woman, Lisa Dorrian, has been released. The 18-year-old, who has not been named, was released today without charge. Two other men, aged 18 and 23, are still being held for further questioning.
12 August 2005
Man released in Lisa Dorrian probe
A 22-year-old man who was arrested in connection with the murder of Bangor woman Lisa Dorrian has been released without charge. He was the fifth person to be questioned in connection with the 25-year-old’s death after she went missing following a party at a caravan site in Ballyhalbert on 28 February. Her body has yet to be found.
04 August 2006
Police searches in Dorrian murder probe
Police investigating the murder of missing Bangor woman Lisa Dorrian, are today carrying out forensic searches in Kircubbin in County Down. Lisa Dorrian was last seen on February 28, 2005, after attending a party at Ballyhalbert caravan park in Ballyhalbert, County Down. Despite extensive land and sea searches, her body has never been found.
10 March 2005
Two arrested as search for woman turns into murder probe
Two men have been arrested by police in connection with the disappearance of Bangor woman Lisa Dorrian. Officers conducting a search into the 25-year-old’s disappearance said the investigation had turned into a murder probe following a number of inquiries carried out by officers in recent days.
22 October 2012
Lisa Dorrian Search Yields No Results
An extensive search for evidence pertaining to the case of a missing woman has yielded no results, police have said. Detectives investigating the murder of Lisa Dorrian have completed a search of farmland near Comber, County Down. Police revealed nothing of significance has been found.
20 February 2006
Three men arrested in connection with Lisa Dorrian murder
Three men have been arrested in connection with the murder of missing 25-year-old Bangor woman, Lisa Dorrian. Police have revealed that two of the men arrested are aged 18 and the other is aged 23, however no other details have been released as yet.
28 February 2008
Three Years On, Missing Lisa's Family Seek Closure
Three years to the day since the disappearance of 25-year-old Bangor woman Lisa Dorrian, a senior police office has renewed appeals for information on the location of the girl's body, after her assumed murder.