Bookmark and Share
13/02/2018

Further Arrests Over Lurgan Stabbing Incident

A further three men have been arrested after three people were injured in a stabbing incident in Lurgan.

Emergency services attended the scene at a graveyard near the North Circular Road on Monday, 12 February.

Several people are believed to have been involved.

The three injured people were taken to hospital and were treated with lacerations.

Their injuries are not believed to be life threatening.

A 20-year-old man has been detained on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and possessing an article with a blade in a public place and a 37-year old-man has been arrested on suspicion of common assault and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place. Both men remain in custody pending further enquiries.
News Image
A 42-year-old man, arrested on suspicion of common assault and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place, has been released on police bail pending further enquiries.

A 23-year-old man was arrested on Monday on suspicion of grievous bodily harm with intent and possession of an offensive weapon in a public place has also been released on police bail pending further enquiries.

Sinn Fein Councillor John O'Dowd condemned the incident.

He said: "Anyone with any information should report it to the PSNI.

"I also want to appeal for calm as emergency services at the scene work to bring the situation under control. People should avoid the North Circular Road area.

"In the coming days we will meet the PSNI regarding this incident."

(CD)

Related Northern Ireland News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

06 February 2018
Two People In Shock Following Armed Robbery In Belfast
Two people have been left in shock after an armed gang forced their way into their him in Belfast. The incident happened in the Meadow Place area shortly before 9pm on Monday, 05 February. One of the suspects was armed with a hammer. They searched the property and made off on foot. A man was taken to hospital to be treated for shock.
25 September 2009
Latest PO Robbery Sparks Appeal
Yet another post office has been targeted by robbers. Yesterday, Killyman PO, near Dungannon was the latest to be hit. Although no one was hurt, a trend of such rural hold-ups is emerging after other such post offices - including a mobile - have been targeted over the last week.
16 January 2018
Winter Safety Service Staff Ready To 'Keep People Moving'
Some 300 winter safety service staff and 130 gritters were deployed by the Department for Infrastructure in an effort to keep people moving following a warning for snow and ice. Twelve specialist snow blowers are also available to be deployed if required.
22 March 2016
Three Arrests Following 'Creeper-Style' Burglary In South Belfast
Three people have been arrested in connection with a 'creeper-style' burglary on Monday in south Belfast. Police received a report of a break-in the Harberton Drive area at approximately 11pm. A brown Audi A3 vehicle was stolen after the keys were taken from inside a house.
22 February 2013
Chief Constable Defends Flag Protest Policing
Chief Constable Matt Baggott has defended the PSNI's handling of the union flag protests. He told Thursday night's The View: "There will be further arrests, there will be more charges and there will be hundreds of people brought before the courts," Mr Baggott said.
22 February 2018
Renewed Appeal Issued Over Under-Car Bomb Attack
Police have renewed their appeal for information following the attempted murder of an off-duty police officer in Co L'Derry a year ago. An improvised device was placed under a policeman's car in the Ardanlee area of Culmore on 22 February 2017.
21 February 2018
Other News In Brief
Three People Convicted Of Benefit Fraud Three women have been convicted for claiming benefits they were not entitled to at Belfast Magistrates' Court. Ann O'Neill claimed Housing Benefit totalling £9,391 while failing to declare she was living with a non-dependent. She was given a four month sentence suspended for two years.
03 March 2017
David Black Murder Accused Arrested In Donegal
Damien McLaughlin has been arrested in Donegal under a European Arrest Warrant as part of a joint operation between Irish police and the PSNI. McLaughlin, 40, was wanted in connection with the murder of prison officer David Black, who was murdered as he travelled to work in November 2012.
28 November 2016
Operation Torus Seizes Drugs Worth More Than £3 Million
Drugs worth almost £3.4 million have been seized by police between 05 September and 31 October in a campaign targeting street-level drug dealing across NI. During Operation Torus, police officers in Districts and in Reactive and Organised Crime Branch delivered the following outcomes: • Seized £3.
01 March 2016
Nine Arrested Over Accessing Indecent Images Of Children Online
Nine people have been arrested in Northern Ireland in connection with accessing indecent images of children online. The arrests follow a week of action against those accessing indecent images of children online.
30 June 2015
Four Arrests Over Ballycastle Road Collision
Four people have been arrested in connection with a road collision in Ballycastle earlier this year. Johnny Black 19, and Robin Wilson, 24, were killed in the crash which happened on the Cushendall Road on Monday 6 April. Two men, aged 20 and 50, and two women, aged 20 and 48, have been arrested.
08 May 2014
Pair Arrested Over Larne Disorder
Two men have been arrested and detained by detectives investigating serious disorder in Larne, County Antrim. A crowd of over 100 people damaged homes and property and attacked police in the Knockdhu Park and Ferris Avenue areas of the town on 30 March.
27 November 2013
Further Arrests In Paramilitary Attacks
Further arrests have been made by police investigating a series of paramilitary attacks in the Coleraine and north Antrim area, it has been reported. Four men, aged 38, 41, 45 and 48 were detained on Wednesday morning. They are understood to be undergoing questioning at Antrim Serious Crime Suite.
15 October 2010
Further Dissident Weapons Found In Dublin
An ongoing Gardai operation has led to the recovery of further weapons and ammunition in the Tallaght area of Dublin last night. Gardai investigations led them to a stash of two shotguns, a pipe bomb, and a quantity of ammunition, which were found on open ground in Kiltipper by members of the special detective unit.
10 March 2010
Ballast Probe Sees Further Arrests
A court appearance is pending for three men who have been charged with membership of the outlawed Ulster Volunteer Force (UVF). The trio - aged 32, 40 and 60 - have also been charged in connection with a pipe bomb attack on a house in Larne seven years ago. A fourth man arrested has been released pending a report to the Public Prosecution Service.