Bookmark and Share
19/06/2002

Cool rustic theme to rule over 2002 Ideal Home Exhibition

This year’s Belfast Telegraph Ideal Home Exhibition staged at the Kings Hall in Belfast is sure to attract its usual throng of visitors this year.

Running from 6-13 September this year, the exhibition’s main features include a two-storey, fully furnished American Log Home and a spectacular “Ice House.”

Organisers of the event expect the eight-day action-packed format of Northern Ireland’s premier home and garden event to take the Province’s homemakers by storm, packed with ideas for, and advice on, every aspect of the home.

Phillip Beggs, Managing Director of organising company Robinson Exhibitions Ltd said: “The ongoing success of the Exhibition is closely linked to the high calibre of new and regular exhibitors who support us each year. On average 10,000 visitors attend the Exhibition daily, and exhibitors benefit from optimum sales opportunities and heightened awareness of their businesses."

Taking centre stage for the first time ever will be a superb American Log Home. This traditional, handcrafted two-storey home will show all the luxury of dream living. Whether as a rustic retreat or spacious luxury dwelling, log homes suit all tastes, modern or classic and is sure to be a top visitor interest.

The “Ice House,” a unique attraction similar in concept to the world famous Ice Hotels, will be fully furnished using sculpted giant blocks of ice - visitors will be truly amazed by this spectacle, never created before in Northern Ireland.

The success of the Ideal Home Arena has guaranteed its return to the Kings Hall Exhibition Complex where it will feature a host of experts to entertain and inform visitors with live demonstrations and advice.

Other features to intrigue visitors will be an Interactive Craft Zone, a sizzling Food and Drink Zone and a glamorous Health, Beauty and Fitness area.

With many stands brimming with ideas, tips and advice for the Province’s homemakers, the eight day long event will surely live up to its reputation.

(SP)


Related Northern Ireland News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

26 September 2017
Other News In Brief
Two Men Convicted Of Benefit Fraud Two men have been convicted for claiming benefits they were not entitled to at Belfast Magistrates' Court. Alexander Hamilton claimed Jobseeker's Allowance and Rates totalling £6,397 while failing to declare an occupational pension. He was given a two year conditional discharge.
17 October 2017
Renewed Appeal For Missing Woman
A renewed appeal has been issued for a missing County Tyrone woman. Charlotte Murray disappeared five years ago and was reported missing in May 2013. Police said they believed she was murdered. She had not been in contact with any of her family or friends since October or November 2012.
03 October 2017
DUP And Sinn Fein Clash On 'Britishness'
DUP leader Arlene Foster and Sinn Fein Northern leader Michelle O'Neill have clashed over NI's 'Britishness'. During a Conservative conference at the Great Hall in Manchester, Mrs O'Neill was asked if Sinn Fein wanted legislation to make NI look less British and she replied: "The north isn't British.
21 September 2017
Men Jailed For Planting Bomb Ahead Of PSNI Recruitment Event
Two men who planted a bomb in the car park of a hotel in L'Derry ahead of a PSNI recruitment event have been sentenced to 10 years. Darren Poleon, 43, and Brian Walsh, 35, pleaded guilty earlier this year to possession of explosives with intent to endanger life or cause serious injury to property and possession of articles for use in terrorism.
27 September 2017
Teenager Threatened With 'Large Knife' In North Belfast
Police have launched an investigation after a teenager was threatened with a knife in north Belfast. The 15-year-old was cycling in the Brown Street area with his pals at around 10pm on Monday, 25 September. He was approached by a man on a bicycle who was armed with a knife. He demanded the teen to hand over his bike and made off.
11 October 2017
No Prosecution For Suspects Named By Supergrass Gary Haggarty
Thirteen people implicated by loyalist supergrass Gary Haggarty will not be prosecuted, the Public Prosecutions Service (PPS) has confirmed. Director of the PPS Barry McGrory said there was insufficient corroborating evidence to support the allegations.
17 October 2017
All Schools And Colleges To Remain Closed
The Department of Education has confirmed that all schools and colleges are to remain closed on Tuesday, 16 October, due to Storm Ophelia. The latest advice follows a meeting of the Civil Contingencies Group at which all central, local and public sector organisations are represented.
12 September 2003
New E-minister goes ‘online’ at Ideal Home Exhibition
The newly appointed e-Minister for Northern Ireland, Ian Pearson has visited the Ideal Home Exhibition at the King's Hall to see in action one of the key elements in electronic service delivery for Northern Ireland – the OnlineNI web portal.
07 September 2001
Doors open at the Ideal Home Exhibition
Doors opened on Friday at the King’s Hall in Belfast for Northern Ireland’s premier home-related event - The Belfast Telegraph Ideal Home Exhibition 2001. Hundreds of companies from across Northern Ireland are attending this year’s show, exhibiting an assortment of new and exciting ideas.
06 March 2006
Local business woman builds property success
Local Business Woman, Marlene McFeely, of Property Services Plus, hit the press once again this week with an exciting and innovative approach to the problems of buying property. “I was not surprised by the amount of help and assistance available to you if you wish to sell your home, office, or piece of land,” she stated.
05 October 2017
Investigation Launched After Woman Robbed In Co Down
Police have launched an investigation after a woman, aged in her 60s, was robbed at knifepoint at her house in Co Down. The incident happened in the Beach Avenue area of Newcastle in the early hours of Thursday, 05 October. Two masked men, one armed with a knife, enter the woman's home, threatened her and made off with a sum of cash.
12 June 2002
Bhs to open new Abbeycentre store
A £14 million investment at the Abbeycentre Shopping complex in Newtownabbey will see the first British Home Stores (Bhs) store open outside Belfast. The move by Bhs is part of the company's overall UK expansion programme and will see the retailer take over the space vacated by Tesco last year.
17 May 2007
Development Minister opens Valley visitors centre
Regional Development Minister Conor Murphy MP MLA, today officially opened the new Visitors Centre at Silent Valley. Features at the centre include an interactive educational area where visitors’ can learn facts about water conservation and the water cycle and a wildlife sound booth.
21 September 2015
New Exhibition Centre Opens In Belfast
A new 6,000 square metre exhibition centre has opened in Belfast's Titanic Quarter. The new Titanic Exhibition Centre (TEC), opposite Titanic Studios, will be used as a potential venue for exhibitions, community and sporting events, as well as large-scale banquets.
22 July 2014
MAC International Art Prize Shortlist Announced
The shortlist has been announced for a new £20,000 international art prize launched by Belfast theatre and art venue The MAC.