|16 May 2007|
Garden death couple 'may have been electrocuted'
|An elderly couple found dead in their garden on Tuesday may have been electrocuted by their lawnmower.
The bodies of Albert Banks, 87, and his wife Beatrice, also 87, were found in the garden of their home in the Cyncoed area of Cardiff by their son on Tuesday morning.
It is thought that Mr Banks may have accidentally run over the power cable of his lawnmower, electrocuting himself, while his wife may have received a fatal electric shock when she touched him.
According to reports, when police arrived at the scene the lawnmower's power was still on and emergency services had to cut the power before trying to resuscitate the couple.
A statement released by the Welsh Ambulance Service said that it appeared that the couple had been electrocuted, although this has since been withdrawn.
South Wales Police would not confirm reports that the couple had been electrocuted. They said that the deaths were not being treated as suspicious and that post-mortems were due to be carried out.
|Submit a news item|
|News Archive For May 2007|