05/06/2015

Ballycastle Deaths Being Treated As 'Unexplained'

The bodies of a man and a woman discovered in a house in Ballycastle, County Antrim, are being treated as "unexplained".

Post mortem examinations are to be carried out on the bodies of Kenneth Boughey, 68, and Rita Boughey, 70.

The couple were found dead in the Abbey area after 9pm on Thursday.

The cause of death is not being treated as suspicious, however it is understood carbon monoxide poisoning is not being ruled out.
News Image
The pair, originally from Liverpool, had been living in Ballycastle for around ten years.

Police are appealing to anyone with information to contact them.

(CD)


Related Northern Ireland News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

18 March 2020
Police Hunt Pair Over L'Derry Fraud
Police in L'Derry are hunting two men over attempted frauds at businesses in the area. An investigation has been launched following two attempted distraction scams. One of the suspects distracts a staff member while another uses the card reader to refund large sums of money into their account.
16 March 2020
Pair Jump From Flat During Aggravated Burglary
Two men sustained broken bones when they jumped from a flat during a serious assault and aggravated burglary, police have said. Three males targeted the property in Ballynahinch, Co Down while armed with a hammer and a knife in the early hours of Monday morning, 16 March.
31 March 2006
Helicopter chase pair charged with robbery
Two men, who were arrested on Wednesday night after a 60-mile chase involving a police helicopter, have been charged in connection with two robberies. The pair were arrested in Omagh after the helicopter tracked the motorcycle they were travelling on from County Antrim.
08 June 2015
Police Continue To Investigate Ballycastle Deaths
Police have ruled out carbon monoxide poisoning after a couple were found dead at a property in Ballycastle on Thursday. Kenneth Boughey, 68, and Rita Boughey, 79, were discovered at their home in the Abbey area at approximately 8.30pm. Chief Inspector Mark McClarence from the PSNI said the investigation is "continuing".
03 March 2020
Covid 19: NI 'Preparing For The Worst' As Tests Rise
Local health officials are "preparing for the worst" as the number of people tested for coronavirus rises in Northern Ireland. At present, one case has been confirmed in the region with a second ongoing in the Republic of Ireland. The number of tests carried out for the Covid-19 have spiked to 151, the Department of Health has revealed.