31/03/2016

Searches For Missing Ballymoney Man To Continue

Police are to carry out planned searches of a man who has been missing for eight months.

Norman Galbraith, 66, was last seen at his home in Queens Avenue, Co Antrim, on Friday, 31 July, last year.

Mr Galbraith's wallet was found during extensive searches and further searches are planned this week.
News Image
Detective Sergeant Kelly Gallagher said: "A wallet belonging to Mr Galbraith was found a few days after he went missing on the Burnquarter Road, just outside of Ballymoney. Norman is originally from the Castlerock area and it is possible he was heading in that direction.

"Even eight months on this appeal might help jog someone's memory and we will follow up on any piece of information we receive. You can contact us on the non-emergency number 101."

(CD/MH)


Related Northern Ireland News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

25 April 2018
Missing Woman Stacey Yates Found
A missing 31-year-old woman who went missing from her home in Coleraine has been found. Stacey Yates was reported missing after leaving her home to go to work at around 6pm on Monday, 23 April. Police confirmed that she has now been found. The PSNI previously issued an appeal for information to help trace her whereabouts.
05 August 2015
Wallet Belonging To Missing Ballymoney Man Found
The wallet belonging to missing Ballymoney man, Norman Galbraith, has been found. Mr Galbraith, 66, has not been seen since he left to go to a local shop on Friday. Police said a number of sightings have been reported and they believe he may have walked to his childhood home Castlerock.
16 September 2013
Storms Stop Searches For Missing Man
Searches for a man swept out to sea at Ramore Head in Portrush on Saturday have been hampered by poor weather conditions. A search by the police and coastguard did resume on Sunday morning, but strong winds made conditions too dangerous to continuing searching. It is understood the missing man is 38-years-old and is a Polish national.
19 December 2018
Appeal Issued For Missing County Down Man
Police are appealing for public assistance in locating a County Down man who has been missing since Monday evening, 17 December. Officers are searching for Robert Murray who is missing from his home in Portavogie in the Ards Peninsula.
12 January 2007
Searches resume for missing fishermen
The search has today resumed for seven crew members who have been missing since two boats sank off the Irish coast during separate incidents yesterday. The first vessel, the Honeydew Two, sank off the coast of Waterford yesterday morning.