22/02/2018

Investigation Launched Following Fire At Former Belfast Telegraph Building

An investigation has launched following a blaze at the former Belfast Telegraph building on Royal Avenue.

The fire broke out on the first floor at around 3.30am on Thursday, 22 February.

Emergency services attended the scene and eight fire crews were used to put out the blaze.
News Image
A spokesperson from the Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service (NIFRS) said: "Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a main jet, a jet and a covering jet to extinguish the blaze. Crews ventilated the smoke from the premises. The cause of the fire is under-investigation."

(CD)


Related Northern Ireland News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

11 June 2021
Consultation On Draft NI Peatland Strategy Launched
A public consultation on the draft Northern Ireland Peatland Strategy 2021-2040 has been announced by Environment Minister, Edwin Poots.
08 June 2021
New Cyber Security Skill Platform Launched
A new online pilot skills platform has been launched to help people discover and train for a career in cyber security. Launched by Economy Minister Diane Dodds the NI Cyber Gateway Aptitude Programme consists of a variety of online challenges and mini games called 'labs'.
14 June 2021
L'Derry Security Alert Declared A Hoax
A security alert at St Brecans Park in L'Derry has been declared a hoax. Emergency services responded to reports of a suspicious object in the area early on Saturday 12 June. Homes in the surrounding area were evacuated as the device was examined.
08 June 2021
Petition Calls For More Investment For Eating Disorder Support
An online petition has been launched calling for more investment in services to support people with eating disorders. Created by Sinn Féin MLA for West Belfast, Órlaithí Flynn, said: "It's time to invest and improve services for people with eating disorders.
03 June 2021
Boris Johnson To Chair Coronavirus Recovery Summit
Prime Minister Boris Johnson is to chair a coronavirus recovery summit with the leaders of the devolved nations later on today, 03 June. The meeting was due to take place last week but was postponed after the first ministers of Wales and Scotland pulled out because they wanted it to be a “meaningful discussion with substantive outcomes”.