29/11/2019

Eugene Carr: Man Released In Hunt For Killers

A man arrested by detectives probing the murder of disabled pensioner Eugene Carr has been released unconditionally.

Mr Carr was brutally murdered while he slept in his Bessbrook home in August 2015. He died in hospital some eleven weeks later.

Earlier this month, his daughters joined with Crimestoppers to offer a £20,000 reward for information that leads to convictions.
News Image
A man aged 35 was arrested in Coleraine on suspicion of murder on Thursday 28 November. He was later released unconditionally.



(JG/CM)

Related Northern Ireland News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

10 March 2020
Elderly Man Suffers Smoke Inhalation In Co Down Arson
A man aged in 90s was left in need of treatment for smoke inhalation after two arson attacks in Downpatrick. Police are probing a link between two deliberate ignitions in the Killough Walk and Vianstown Heights area of the town, less than a mile from each other, in the early hours of Tuesday morning.
11 March 2020
Man Arrested Over INLA Drug Activity
Detectives investigating drug activities within the INLA paramilitary group have made an arrest. The 33 year-old suspect was detained following a search in west Belfast on Tuesday evening, 10 March, during which a quantity of class B and C drugs were seized. A substantial sum of money and the drug pregabalin were also discovered.
09 August 2017
Man Released On Bail Over Lurgan Murder
A man arrested in connection with a murder in Lurgan on Sunday, 06 August, has been released on bail pending further enquiries. The body of a man, aged 45, was discovered at a flat on Victoria Street. Police are appealing for anyone with information to contact them.
30 January 2020
Bangor Death Not Treated As Suspicious
The post-mortem examination of a man found dead in a garden in Bangor has revealed that his death was not suspicious. Police have ruled out foul play following the fatality in Bangor's Crochan Court on Tuesday 28 January.
13 June 2003
Army was wrong to keep killers says Court
The Court of Appeal in Belfast has said that the Army was wrong to retain two soldiers who killed a local teenager in 1992. Scots Guards Mark Wright and James Fisher were convicted of murdering 18-year-old Peter McBride while they were on patrol near his home in the New Lodge area of north Belfast.