Man Stabbed In Belfast City Centre

A man is in serious condition after he was stabbed in broad daylight in Belfast.

The incident occurred at around 11am on Friday morning, 21 February, at the rear of the Waterfront Hall.

The victim was taken to hospital for treatment. His condition is understood to be serious.
News Image
Police are working to establish a motive and have appealed to anyone who may have been in the area of the blue metal footbridge at the rear of the Waterfront Hall this morning.

Detective Sergeant Kyle Corrigan said: "Did you see anything suspicious? Did you see the incident, or any one running away from the scene?

"I would encourage anyone with information to report it to police on 101 quoting reference 499 of 21/02/20."

Information can also be provided in confidence via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.


Related Northern Ireland News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

12 March 2020
Eastern Airways Saves Belfast-Southampton Route
Flights from Belfast City Airport to Southampton have been saved by Eastern Airways. The airline stepped in to fulfil the busy route after announcing on Monday that it was creating a six-times weekly Belfast to Teeside International Airport flight. The daily Southampton flights are now available for booking and will begin on Monday 23 March.
18 March 2020
Leisure Facilities Closed Across Belfast
Leisure centres and community facilities across Belfast have been closed as measures to combat the spread of coronavirus are ramped up. St George's Market, the Ulster Hall and the ICC Belfast are among those affected. City Hall has closed to the public with tours suspended and the visitor exhibition also closed.
10 March 2020
Other News In Brief
Belfast City Marathon Management Keen To Run Event Organisers of the Belfast City Marathon say they are keen to see the event go ahead.
10 March 2020
Probe Over Armed Robbery In Belfast City Centre
Police are investigating a suspected armed robbery of a cash-in-transit van in Belfast City Centre. The scene in Academy Street and Exchange Street was held at around 7.50am this morning, Tuesday 10 March, following the alleged incident. No further details have emerged as yet.