09/09/2005

Loyalist feud connection in Co Armagh shootings

Police believe the shooting of two men in Co Armagh over the past 24 hours is connected to an ongoing loyalist feud.

In the latest incident a man was shot as he sat in his car in the Killicomaine estate, Portadown, on Friday afternoon. The assailant is believed to have made off on a motorbike.

The victim is being treated in hospital and is said to be in a "serious" condition.

Last night, a 26-year-old man was treated on hospital after being injured in a gun attack in Lurgan. The victim was about to answer the door of a house in Margretta Close at around 11am when a shot was fired through the door, hitting him.

He was immediately taken to hospital however his injuries are not thought to be life threatening.

Police have appealed for anyone with information on either incident to contact them on 028 9065 0222 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.

(MB/SP)

Related Northern Ireland News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

13 May 2022
Appeal Issued Over 'Road-Related Incident' In Strabane
Police in Strabane have issued an appeal for witnesses on a "road-related incident" on the morning of Thursday 12 May. Police have said that at around 11:05am, they received a report in relation to the way a white Volkswagen Jetta was being driven on Lifford Road in the town before it crossed into County Donegal.
12 May 2022
Man Shot And Beaten In Bushmills Attack
The PSNI have issued an appeal for help in tracing the whereabouts of following a shooting incident in the Woodvale Park area of Bushmills last night, Wednesday 11th May. Shortly after 11.10pm it was reported that a number of masked men entered a house armed with a gun and "wooden weapons".
14 October 2002
East Belfast shooting victim dies in hospital
The man who was shot and seriously wounded in east Belfast last week, has died in hospital. Twenty-two-year-old Alexander McKinley, who was shot in the head last Monday night as he sat in a car on the Woodstock Road, died in the Royal Victoria Hospital last night.
26 April 2022
Man Charged With Kidnap And Threats To Kill
A 36-year-old man has been charged with threats to kill, kidnap, common assault and aggravated burglary in connection with an incident in Newcastle, County Antrim.
25 April 2022
Police Investigate Attempted Kidnapping In Newcastle
The PSNI have issued an appeal for information and witnesses following reports of an attempted burglary and kidnapping in Newcastle on Sunday evening (24th April). Making the appeal, Detective Inspector Johnston said "We received a report shortly after 9.