22/01/2015

Mirror Group Settles Four Phone-Hacking Claims

The Mirror Group Newspapers has settled a number of phone-hacking claims.

It is understood Cilla Black, Darren Day, Jessie Wallace and Peter Andre have all settled their claims against the newspaper group, which produces titles including the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror and Sunday People.

No details of the settlements have been released, but reports suggest some are "substantial".

It is the second time the group has paid out over accusations of phone-hacking, which, last September it admits some of its journalists had been involved in.

(MH/CD)

Related UK National News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

23 October 2012
Phone Hacking Allegations Brought Against Mirror Group Newspapers
Ex-England football manager Sven-Goran Eriksson is among four people who have begun legal action against Mirror Group Newspapers over alleged phone hacking. The claims against the publisher of the Daily and Sunday Mirror and the People were filed at the High Court on Monday.
14 May 2010
George Awarded Damages Over 'Obsession'
The man cleared of murdering TV presenter Jill Dando after spending seven years in jail has won damages over newspaper claims. Barry George brought the case over claims that he was obsessed with singer Cheryl Cole and newsreader Kay Burley. The claims were made in the Sunday Mirror, the People and on the Daily Mirror website in 2008.
13 February 2015
Trinity Mirror Issues Phone Hacking Apology
Trinity Mirror, owner of the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror and Sunday People, has issued a public apology "to all its victims of phone hacking". A statement published by the Daily Mirror, stated: "Some years ago voice-mails left on certain people's phones were unlawfully accessed.
16 October 2014
Walliams Settles Hacking Claim With NGN
David Walliams has reached an undisclosed settlement with News Group Newspapers (NGN) over phone-hacking allegations. Walliams had begun a legal chase after being told by the news group that it had been intercepting his voicemail since 2005. No details of the settlement have been released but the figure is said to be "substantial".
03 October 2013
Chinese Investment Group Want To Rebuild The Crystal Palace
A Chinese investment group have unveiled plans to build a replica of the Crystal Palace on the same site as the old building, which burnt down in 1936. The original Crystal Palace was built in 1851 in Hyde Park, before being moved to the Crystal Palaca in 1854.