14/04/2015

Police Probe Link Between Tools And Jewel Thefts

Police are investigating a possible link between the theft of power tools and a raid on the Hatton Garden Safe Deposit vault earlier this month.

It is understood that police are looking into the theft of Hilti DD350 drills in December in Fetter Lane, which are believed to be the same model as the drills used in the Hatton Garden raid of 02 April.

City of London Police investigated the original tool theft and are understood to have passed the information on the case on to the Met.

(MH/CD)

Related UK National News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

17 August 2015
Torso And 'Other Body Parts' Found On Blackpool Beach
A decomposed torso and "other body parts" have been found on a beach in Blackpool. Lancashire Police have reported that the discovery was made just before 9am on Sunday in Queen's Promenade, opposite the junction with Cavendish Road. The gender of the victim is not yet known.
22 April 2015
Police Launch Crackdown On Moped Thefts
Police forces across London have launched a joint operation to crackdown on the theft of mopeds, scooters and motorcycles. Operation Venice will see police conducting targeted operations and crime prevention activities across the capital.
18 April 2008
Police Appeal Over Retirement Home Thefts
Police have released CCTV images of a woman they wish to speak to in connection with two burglaries at a retirement home in Lambeth, southwest London. The Metropolitan Police said that they believe the woman is linked to two incidents in which residents had items stolen.
12 November 2014
Release Of Police Killer Described As 'Sickening'
The release of a man convicted of killing three unarmed police officers in 1966 has been described as "sickening". Harry Roberts, now aged 78, has been released from prison after serving 48 years for 1966 murders of three unarmed police officers in Shepherd's Bush in west London.
29 August 2014
Major Police Hunt Launched After Boy Taken From Hospital
A major police hunt has begun after a five-year-old boy with a brain tumour, was taken by his family without consent from Southampton General Hospital. Police said that Ashya King was taken from the hospital by Brett King, 51, and Naghemeh King, 45, on Thursday. It is thought he may have been taken to France.