02/09/2013

Man Rescued From House Fire

A man has been rescued from a house fire in north Belfast.

The fire started at approximately 7.15am on Monday from a cooking pot that was left unattended in a house in the Malvern Close area of the Shankill.

Three fire engines attend the scene.

The man was taken to hospital where he was treated for smoke inhalation.

(CD/JP)

Related Northern Ireland News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

17 July 2001
ASSEMBLY CREATE AWARD TO HONOUR FIRE SERVICE
THE Northern Ireland Fire Service is to receive the first ever award given by the province's devolved assembly. An illuminated scroll is to be presented to Chief Fire Officer John McClelland on Tuesday, by assembly speaker Lord Alderdice in tribute to the sacrifice made by fire fighters over the years.
05 October 2007
Fatal House Fire In Newtownards
A woman in her 30s has died in a fire at a house in Newtownards, Co. Down. The fire occurred at a house in Ilex Avenue at around 5.30pm and the woman is reported to have died at the scene. An investigation into the circumstances of the death is being conducted by police who have appealed for anyone with information to come forward.
17 June 2005
Man rescued from house fire in Derry
A man in his 20’s is recovering in hospital after being rescued from a house fire in Londonderry. Firefighters were called to the house off Shearwater Way in the Waterside area of the city by a neighbour who was alerted by a smoke alarm in the early hours of Friday morning.
20 October 2003
Rescued man arrested following house fire
A man has been arrested after being rescued from a burning house in north Belfast last night. The man assaulted police officers after being rescued from the fire in the Manor Street area at around 11pm on Sunday. It is believed he set the house on fire after becoming embroiled in a row during a house party at the same address.
02 January 2002
Elderly man rescued from house fire
The Fire Service has said two Londonderry women who pulled their 82 year old disabled father from a house fire saved his life. All three were treated at Altnagelvin hospital after the fire at their home in Dunmore Gardens on January 1. The elderly man was described as bed-ridden with a serious medical conditions.