Rescued man arrested following house fire

A man has been arrested after being rescued from a burning house in north Belfast last night.

The man assaulted police officers after being rescued from the fire in the Manor Street area at around 11pm on Sunday.

It is believed he set the house on fire after becoming embroiled in a row during a house party at the same address.

Emergency services found the man unconscious in an upstairs bedroom.

He was eventually brought round by police officers but became aggressive towards them.

The man was treated for smoke inhalation. The rest of the house guests escaped without injury.


Related Northern Ireland News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

26 November 2021
Other News In Brief
£650,000 Fund To Provide Food And Heating Vouchers Belfast City Council has backed a Sinn Féin proposal to provide £650,000 fund to provide food and heating vouchers to support thousands of families across the city.
25 November 2021
PSNI Officers And Staff Sign White Ribbon Pledge
The PSNI has signed the White Ribbon pledge, as part of an international campaign to end violence against women and girls. Police officers and police staff have signed the pledge on White Ribbon Day (25 November), which kick-starts 16 days of action to end violence against women and girls (VAWG).
14 April 2011
Laura Marling Headlines Open House Festival
The organisers of the Open House Festival have announced that Laura Marling, Brits and NME award-winning English folk artist, is to headline the Custom House Square gig on Friday 24th June.
05 October 2007
Fatal House Fire In Newtownards
A woman in her 30s has died in a fire at a house in Newtownards, Co. Down. The fire occurred at a house in Ilex Avenue at around 5.30pm and the woman is reported to have died at the scene. An investigation into the circumstances of the death is being conducted by police who have appealed for anyone with information to come forward.
02 September 2013
Man Rescued From House Fire
A man has been rescued from a house fire in north Belfast. The fire started at approximately 7.15am on Monday from a cooking pot that was left unattended in a house in the Malvern Close area of the Shankill. Three fire engines attend the scene. The man was taken to hospital where he was treated for smoke inhalation.