15/05/2014

UTV Posts Growth In Q1 2014

UTV Media has announced growth in its British and Irish radio stations and in television for the first three months of 2014.

'Radio GB' revenues grew by 10% in the three months to March, the company said. Its talkSPORT channel experienced an increase of 16% in revenue over the quarter, reflecting growth of 3% in the national market.

UTV expects growth in talkSPORT to continue into the second quarter, given the approaching FIFA World Cup this summer. Revenues are forecast to be up 45% year on year.

The company anticipates that Radio GB divisional revenue in the second quarter will be 26% up on the same period last year, in line with forecasts. Radio GB revenue for the first six months of 2014 is consequently expected to be up 18% on last year.

Radio Ireland revenues grew in the first quarter of 2014 with an increase of 6%, representing an outperformance against the market that was estimated to be up by around 4% in the same period. UTV says positive market conditions in the second quarter will result in a revenue increase of 4% over the period. Radio Ireland revenue for the first half of 2014 is anticipated to be up 5% on the same period last year.

UTV experienced growth in television revenues over the first quarter, with London Net Advertising Revenue (NAR) up 3%, Irish NAR up 11% and total revenues up 4%. In the second quarter UTV expects total Television revenues to be up 15%, with London NAR to increase by 19% and Irish NAR to increase by 4%, compared to the same period in 2013. Television revenues for the six months to June 2014 are expected to be up 9% on last year.

(IT/MH)

Related Northern Ireland News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

02 July 2021
First Belfast City Centre Parklet Opened
The first parklet in Belfast city centre has been opened by Linen Quarter BID, in conjunction with Belfast City Council, the Department for Communities and the Department for Infrastructure.
06 August 2021
Cathedral Quarter Arts Festival Returns
The Cathedral Quarter Arts Festival has announced its return from 02-12 September with a programme of live music, comedy, literature, theatre and more.
22 February 2019
Consultation Opens On Lisburn Regeneration Plans
A public consultation period on the revised plans for Lisburn City Centre has launched. Residents, visitors, local businesses and other interested parties are being urged to submit their opinions on the scheme which proposes work to key areas such as Laganbank Quarter, Smithfield Square and Jordan's Mill.
12 November 2014
Rise In Households Presenting As Homeless
The number of households presenting as homeless to the Northern Ireland Housing Executive rose by 3% to 4,895 over the period April to June 2014. This is an increase of 155 from the previous quarter. The figures are part of a report entitled 'Northern Ireland Housing Bulletin April - June 2014' published by the Department for Social Development.
03 August 2021
Belfast Canvas Project Continues In The Linen Quarter
Work is underway on the second phase of the Belfast Canvas project, which will see a number of utility boxes across the city's Linen Quarter receive new colourful street art. Artist Danni Simpson has begun work on the project, which is supported by the Department for the Communities and Virgin Media, which own some of the cabinets.