Two Pensioners Charged In Edward Gibson Murder Probe

Two pensioners have been charged over the murder of Edward Gibson in west Belfast last October.

Mr Gibson, 28, died after being shot in the Clonfadden Crescent area on 24 October.
News Image
The man, 68, and woman, 70, have been charged with assisting an offender and failing to provide information.

They are due to appear in court on 04 November.


Related Northern Ireland News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

18 March 2020
Call For Police Support Over Comber Murder Bid
An Alliance MLA has issued a call for support for the police following a shooting in Comber. The gun attack on Sunday night, 15 March, is being treated as attempted murder. A man in his 50s had driven into a yard in the Ballycreely Road area of the town when a masked man armed with a suspected handgun emerged from a hedge.
28 September 2021
Man Arrested Over Attempted Murder Of Police Officer
A 21-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the attempted murder of an off-duty police officer. The man was detained in L'Derry in connection with an incident in which an explosive device was found close to an officer's house near Dungiven on 20 April this year.
06 September 2021
Man Charged With Attempted Murder In West Belfast
A man has been charged in connection with a stabbing incident in west Belfast on Saturday, 04 September. A 20-year-old male has been charged with attempted murder after a man was stabbed in the head in the Aspen Walk area near Dunmurry.
01 September 2021
Two Arrests Made In Connection With Death Of Elderly Man In Dromore
A 54-year-old man has been arrested in suspicion of murder in connection with the death of an elderly man on 30 June in County Tyrone. The 84-year-old man was found dead at an address in Blackwater Road, Dromore. Police investigating the death made two arrests on Tuesday.
24 August 2021
Man Arrested Over Attempted Murder
A man, aged in his 80's, has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a property was set on fire in Co Down. The incident happened at a house in Annalong shortly after 9pm on Saturday, 21 August.