Teen Sustains Serious Head Injuries In Belfast Assault

A teenager has sustained serious head injuries following an assault outside a nightclub in Belfast.

The attack happened in the Gordon Street area at around 2am on Thursday, 23 June.

The 18-year-old victim was found lying unconscious on the ground by police.

He is currently being treated in hospital.
News Image
Detective Constable Erika Mooney said: "Large crowds were in the area at the time of this incident and we are appealing to anyone who witnessed the assault to contact detectives at Musgrave on 101 quoting reference 91 23/06/16. Alternatively information can be given anonymously through the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111."


Related Northern Ireland News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

25 March 2005
Two charged as arms haul uncovered in west Belfast
Two men have been charged by police after an arms haul was uncovered in west Belfast. The discovery, which is being linked to the Continuity IRA, saw three vehicles, an AK47 assault rifle and five real and replica handguns seized by police following eight house searches over the past few days.
15 April 2008
Attack Victim Fights For Life
One of the victim's of last weekend's violence, an Irish rugby fan, is still fighting for his life after being attacked on a visit to Belfast to watch his team play. The 43-year-old man was severely beaten and suffered serious head and facial injuries during the assault early on Saturday morning.
09 February 2011
Afghanistan Veteran On Rape Charge
A bomb-blasted former soldier has appeared in court in Belfast charged with rape and false imprisonment. Gerald Verner, 23, of Forthriver Park, who was deafened by a bomb in Afghanistan, is also accused of inflicting grievous bodily harm, sexual assault and threats to kill against the same woman.
11 November 2002
Serious assault victim dies from injuries
A 24-year-old man left critically ill after an assault in west Belfast over the weekend has died in hospital. Police were already treating the brutal attack on the young man as attempted murder. The man was attacked at around 2.30am on Sunday as he and a female companion walked along North Boundary Street towards the Shankill area of Belfast.
30 January 2012
Bus Stop Injury Victim Named
John Hickey, 72, has been named as the man who died last Saturday following an incident at a Belfast City Centre bus stop. Mr Hickey died as a result of head injuries sustained near Central Library on Royal Avenue at 4:35pm. A 30-year-old man was arrested at the scene and was later released.