15/02/2019

Pat Ward Murder: Man Questioned Over Social Media Images

A man arrested on suspicion of withholding information in the investigation into the murder of Pat Ward has been released.

The 44-year-old was arrested by detectives on Thursday 14 February and later released pending a report to the Public Prosecution Service.

He was questioned under the Communications Act after CCTV footage and images of Mr Ward were shared online.
News Image
The victim was found dead in an alleyway at McCrea Park in Clogher, County Tyrone, on Saturday 09 February.

The 30-year-old father of four was originally from Sligo.

A man and woman appeared in court on Wednesday charged with his murder.

Niall Cox, 23, and Karen McDonald, 33, both of McCrea Park, Clogher, appeared before Dungannon Magistrates Court.

Both were remanded in custody for four weeks.



(JG/CM)

Related Northern Ireland News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

11 May 2018
83-Year-Old Man Pleads Guilty To Historical Sexual Assaults
An 83-year-old man has pled guilty to historical sexual assaults in Belfast. The PSNI said the offences took place against a teenage boy in the 1980's in the greater Belfast area. The suspect pled guilty at Belfast Crown Court today, 11 May. The PSNI said: "Sentencing will take place at a later date.
20 May 2019
Man Injured In Belfast Hit And Run
Police are appealing for witnesses after a man was injured in a hit and run in Belfast over the weekend. Reports of the collision on the Springfield Road in the west of the city emerged at around 1.50am on Sunday 19 May. The male, aged in his forties, had been struck by a silver-coloured car.
11 July 2018
Man Found Dead In Banbridge Named
A man found dead in Banbridge, Co Down, has been named as Richard Gerard Scullion. A murder investigation has launched after his body was found at a house in the Millmount court area on Monday, 09 July. A 28-year-old man arrested on Monday remains in police custody after the PSNI were granted an extension.
22 May 2019
Reward Offered In Search For Disappeared
An anonymous reward of $60,000 has been offered to help in the search for the three remaining bodies of the 'Disappeared'.
28 May 2009
Coleraine Murder Accused In Court
Nine men have appeared in court charged in connection with the murder of Coleraine father-of-four Kevin McDaid, and the attempted murder of Damien Fleming at the weekend.