18/10/2019

Man Dies In East Belfast

An investigation has been launched following the death of a man in east Belfast.

Police said the man passed away in the Kings Road area on Thursday evening, 17 October.
News Image
Reports have emerged of a stabbing in the area, but police have not released any further details at this stage.



(JG/MH)

Related Northern Ireland News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

31 January 2006
Man arrested following east Belfast stabbing
Police have arrested a 19-year-old man in connection with a stabbing in the Mount area of East Belfast. The victim, a 42-year-old man, sustained a stab wound to the chest and was taken to hospital where his description is described as "serious but stable." The attack occurred at around 8.20am on Monday.
24 October 2014
Police Appeal After 'Shot Fired' In North Belfast
Police have launched an investigation after reports of a shot being fired in north Belfast. No-one is believed to have been injured in the incident in the Farringdon Court area on Thursday. Police are keen to establish what happened and are appealing to anyone with information to contact them.
30 January 2014
54-Year-Old Arrested Over 1993 UVF Murder
A 54-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the 1993 murder of Joseph Reynolds. UVF gunmen ambushed Mr Reynolds van on Sydenham Road as he was driving to work on 12 October 1993. Three others were injured in the attack. The investigation into the murder was reopened last year, with a number of arrests being made.
22 August 2007
Man Charged With East Belfast Murder
A 42-year-old man has been charged with murder following the discovery of a dismembered body in the Mount area of east Belfast. The body of William David McClatchey, 34, from Taughmonagh in south Belfast was found in a bin in the courtyard at the rear of a block of flats at Pottinger House at around 6pm on Monday evening.
08 October 2014
Police Cancel Appeal For Missing Omagh Man
Police have said they believe missing Omagh man, Shane Sharkey, has been found in the Republic of Ireland. A police appeal for help in finding the 35-year-old has been cancelled, with police saying they now believe they know where he is. No further details have been released but police thanked the public for their help.