Gun attack on house in Portadown

A group of 13 people were uninjured following a gun attack on a house in Portadown, County Armagh at the weekend.

Several shots were fired at the house in the Garvaghy Road area of Portadown in the early hours of Sunday morning.

It is understood that all 13 were in the living room of the house when the gun attack took place.

Police are not viewing the incident as either sectarian or racist.


Related Northern Ireland News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

27 January 2020
Appeal As Defibrillator Stolen In West Belfast
Police have launched an appeal for information after a defibrillator was stolen from a shop in west Belfast. It's understood the potentially lifesaving device was removed from the outside of a shop on the Glen Road in the early hours of Sunday morning, 26 January. Detectives are appealing for information.
17 January 2020
Suspect Charged Over Belfast Stabbing
A 27 year-old man is facing a charge of attempted murder following a stabbing at a house in Belfast. The suspect is due to appear at Belfast Magistrates Court this morning, Friday 17 January.
17 January 2020
Eight Sentenced Over Christopher Meli Death
Eight young people have been sentenced for offences connected to the death of Christopher Meli in 2015. Six defendants avoided jail while two were handed custodial sentences at Laganside Crown Court on Thursday 16 January. The west Belfast man died in December 2015, aged 20, after he was beaten in the Twinbrook area.
28 January 2020
Belfast Retail Staff Oppose Sunday Trading Extension
Over 90% of Belfast's retail staff have rejected the idea of longer Sunday trading hours. Some 92% delivered an empathic 'no' to shop workers' trade union Usdaw when consulted on the matter as part of Belfast City Council's 'Sundays in the City' strategy.
23 January 2020
Petrol Bombs Thrown At Co Antrim Flat
An investigation is underway after petrol bombs were thrown at a flat in Co Antrim. Two petrol bombs were thrown at a ground floor property in Brookfield Gardens, Ahoghill on Wednesday night, 22 January. One device smashed through the living room window and landed in the room where a male occupant extinguished the flames.