Second Man Sought After 'Cliff Incident'

A search is continuing after one man died and another disappeared following an incident on cliffs in north Wales.

Coastguards were alerted shortly after two men were reported missing from cliffs around Cable Bay in Anglesey around 8.15pm on Wednesday.

A 22-year-old man was rescued from the sea by an RAF Sea King helicopter, but he died on arrival at hospital.

A major search, involving the RAF helicopter, lifebooat crews and coastguard rescue teams, continued until 1am, but resumed this morning.

It has been reported that witnesses saw a group of young people with fishing rods on the cliffs on Wednesday night.

It is now thought that one of the men ended up in the water, with the second man going in to help him.

It has previously been reported that the men had jumped from the cliff, but it is now not known how the first man ended up in the water.


Related UK National News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

21 July 2014
Man Arrested After Man Falls From Cliff
A man in his 20s has been arrested after the other man he was climbing with fell to his death from a coastal cliff in North Yorkshire. A 51-year-old man fell at Kettleness Point on Friday, according to North Yorkshire Police. The man has been released on bail pending further inquiries.
16 October 2015
Seven Arrested In Dawn Raids In Northumbria
Seven people have been arrested in a series of dawn raids across Ashington, Northumbria. Officers executed a second strike at six addresses in the town on Thursday morning following on from a series of early morning raids on Monday.
03 September 2013
Body Recovered In Australia Believed To Be Missing Briton
Authorities in Australia searching for a missing British man have found a body while searching in bushland in the Blue Mountains region. 23-year-old Gary Tweddle, a computer salesman from Reading, was last seen in July when he attended a business conference in Leura, west of Sydney.
06 March 2008
Twenty-Five Injured In M4 Coach Crash
Around 25 people were injured when a coach crashed on the M4 near Newbury on Wednesday evening. The incident happened around 7pm, when the private hire coach came off the westbound carriageway, between junctions 14 and 15, and plunged around 30ft down an embankment.
23 June 2004
Man dies in explosion at Stevenage bakery
A man has been killed in an explosion at a baker's shop in Stevenage this morning, it has been reported today. A second man was injured in the blast which occurred at Greggs Bakers, Stevenage, Hertfordshire at around 11.30am. Five women who were working in the shop at the time have been treated for shock.