Teenager missing near Loch Lomond

A joint search operation involving Clyde Coastguard and the police has been launched after a 15-year-old boy was reported missing while holidaying with his family near Loch Lomond.

The boy was last seen at 4.45pm on Tuesday evening on the opposite shore of Loch Lomond from Ardlui.

Strathclyde police issued a request for assistance at around 04.00am this morning seeking assistance on a coastline search of the Loch.

The boy is described as around 5'4", slim build with black hair and brown eyes and was wearing khaki coloured tracksuit trousers.

Clyde Coastguard has tasked coastguard rescue teams from Lochgoil, Helensburgh, Kilcreggan and Greenock to the scene. Also involved in the search are Strathclyde police underwater unit, Strathclyde police helicopter and members of the Strathclyde Police Mountain Rescue Team, Arrochar mountain rescue team and Lomond mountain rescue team.

Anyone with information should contact Dumbarton Police Office on 01389 822000.


Related UK National News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

07 April 2008
Romanian Girl Feared Abducted In Scotland
Police in Glasgow are continuing their search for a teenage Romanian girl, amid fears that she may have been abducted. Irina Carpaci, 15, disappeared after leaving her home in Daisy Street in Govanhill, Glasgow, around 11am on Saturday.
30 April 2007
Woman indecently assaulted in 'horrific' attack
A woman has been indecently assaulted in an attack in Glasgow which police have described as "horrific". The incident happened at the woman's flat in Sauchiehall Street, opposite the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, around 5pm on Saturday. The woman was assaulted as she opened her front door.
07 August 2003
Missing Loch Lomond teen found dead
The body of missing 15-year-old Adam Shad, who had been missing since Tuesday, has been recovered from a river at Loch Lomond. Adam's body was found in the River Falloch where it meets Loch Lomond a short time ago.
12 November 2014
Release Of Police Killer Described As 'Sickening'
The release of a man convicted of killing three unarmed police officers in 1966 has been described as "sickening". Harry Roberts, now aged 78, has been released from prison after serving 48 years for 1966 murders of three unarmed police officers in Shepherd's Bush in west London.
29 August 2014
Major Police Hunt Launched After Boy Taken From Hospital
A major police hunt has begun after a five-year-old boy with a brain tumour, was taken by his family without consent from Southampton General Hospital. Police said that Ashya King was taken from the hospital by Brett King, 51, and Naghemeh King, 45, on Thursday. It is thought he may have been taken to France.