29/09/2016

Investigation Launched Following Shooting Incident In South Belfast

Police have launched an investigation following a shooting incident in south Belfast.

The attack happened in Eliza Street Terrace shortly after 8.50pm on Wednesday, 28 September.

Police received reports that a number of shots had been fired at the back of a house in the area.

Residents who were in the house at the time were not injured, however they were left shaken.
News Image
Detective Sergeant Natalie McNally said: "I would ask anyone with any information about this incident to contact detectives at Musgrave Police Station on the non-emergency number 101, quoting reference number 1212 of 28/09/16.

"Or if someone would prefer to provide information without giving their details, they can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers and speak to them anonymously on 0800 555 111."

(CD/MH)

Related Northern Ireland News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

29 November 2021
Swann: Keep Following Basic Steps To Prevent Spread Of Variants
The Health Minister, Robin Swann, has called on people to keep following the basic steps that help prevent variants of COVID-19 spreading. The Minister made the call as public health measures are activated in response to the Omicron variant's emergence.
02 December 2021
Other News In Brief
Two More People Die As A Result Of Covid-19 Two more people have died as a result of Covid-19 in the past 24 hours. Another 2,272 cases of the virus were also reported by the Department of Health here in the same period.
02 December 2021
Fresh Inquest Into Death Of Leo Norney To Be Heard In April
A fresh inquest into the death of 17-year-old Leo Norney in west Belfast in 1975 has been listed for hearing next April. Leo was shot by the Army in disputed circumstances in the Turf Lodge area in September 1975. Soldiers from the Black Watch regiment said the teenager was a gunman who had opened fire on them.
16 March 2015
Car Transporter In Strabane Set Alight
Police are appealing for information after a car transporter, with a number of cars on it, was set alight while it was parked in Strabane on Sunday evening. The police are treating the incident as arson.
14 January 2016
Armed Man Robs Takeaway In Larne
Police have launched an investigation following an armed robbery at a takeaway in Co Antrim. The incident happened at premises on the Upper Cairncastle Road in Larne at around 1.30pm on Wednesday. A man, armed with a suspected gun, entered the shop and made off with a sum of cash.