Online Dating Link Investigated In Suitcase Murder Probe

Police investigating the murder of a woman whose body was found in a suitcase on farmland in Kent have revealed that she may have been on a date with a man she met on the internet before she was killed.

The Metropolitan Police have confirmed that they are investigating the possibility that Leah Questin had been on a date with a man she met on an internet site before her death.

It is understood that several sites are being examined, including Gumtree.

Ms Questin, a 37-year-old care worker, who was originally from the Philippines, but lived in Sneyd Road, Cricklewood, north-west London, was reported missing by a friend on September 12.

Her badly decomposed body was found in a suitcase in a dried-up pond by farmland odd Buckland Road in Cliffe, near Rochester on September 24. Police believe that the body had been kept elsewhere before being left at the remote spot.

A post-mortem carried out on Friday was inconclusive and forensic tests are continuing.

A 35-year-old man was arrested in connection with the investigation in Lewisham, south-east London on Tuesday and is being questioned by police.

Detective Chief Inspector Peter Lansdown said: "As a result of enquiries into Leah's disappearance, we have established through CCTV footage, that she travelled alone on the 172 bus in the area of Elephant and Castle and was heading south.

"She boarded this bus on the New Kent Road shortly after exiting Elephant and Castle underground station.

"It is still not clear where she was heading to.

"Leah is described as 4ft 11 inches tall with a petite build. She has a light complexion and long black hair. Leah was wearing a red top and blue jeans.

"I appeal to anyone who saw Leah in south-east London on the 172 bus or its route on Saturday September 12 to contact us.

"We also need to hear from anyone who may have seen her after September 12 and up until her body was found as we need to understand where she was going, who she was meeting and how she came to be murdered.

"We continue to liaise with our colleagues at Kent Police and I would like to thank them for their work during the early stages of this enquiry."

Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on: 0208 358 0200 or alternatively, Crimestoppers anonymously on: 0800 555 111.


Related UK National News Stories
Click here for the latest headlines.

26 July 2013
35 Years For Blackpool Man Who Murdered Teenager
A 23-year-old man has been found guilty of the murder of a 16-year-old girl in Blackpool. Teenager Sasha Marsden was stabbed 58 times and set on fire in what Lancashire Police described as "one of the most horrific cases" they had encountered.
14 August 2015
Body Found In Search For Missing Woman
A body has been discovered in Sutton Mill by police investigating the disappearance of Jennifer Hayman. The body was found at 18:00 on Thursday. Formal identification has not yet been made, but police said that Ms Hayman's family have been informed of the find. A post-mortem is due to be carried out to establish the cause of death.
01 September 2008
Third Body Found In Arson Attack Mansion
A third body has been found in the burnt-out mansion of a millionaire businessman. Christopher Foster, 50, his wife Jill, 49, and their 15-year-old daughter Kirstie had not been seen since the arson attack last Tuesday at Osbaston House, a large country estate in Shropshire. West Mercia Police are treating the case as a murder inquiry.
04 June 2015
Man Charged With Attempted Murder
A man has been charged with attempted murder following an incident in Faversham at the weekend. Kent Police confirmed Lincoln Payne, of no fixed abode, had been charged with robbery, theft and two counts of attempted murder following an incident in Fostall Avenue on Saturday, 30 May.
07 May 2014
'Skull Cracker' In Custody In London
Kent Police, in partnership with officers from the Metropolitan Police Service, have arrested two men in East London on suspicion of conspiracy to commit armed robbery. On 3 May, Kent Police began a search for Michael Wheatley, 55, who had failed to return to HMP Standford Hill after being released on temporary licence.